If you are a worship leader and own an iPad you’ll quickly remember when Garageband for the iPad was announced. Your mind was racing with all the new ways you could use the iPad at rehearsal, during a service or in the studio but how do you plug into your iPad? With the Alesis iO Dock of course!
The guys over at CCI Solutions have come up with these church applications for the Alesis iO Dock:
- Record Your Sermon - Use one condenser mic placed in the room and a line out from the mixer to capture the pastors voice and audience response. Record using your favorite app, then upload to the web or transfer to your local network to burn a CD.
- Leading Worship Without a Band - Create backing tracks of your favorite worship songs using Garage Band. Use a lyric song book app to show the lyrics and simultaneously play the background track while you lead worship. Some even auto scroll the lyrics.
- Record Choir Rehearsals - Email your team copies of the version you rehearsed so they’ll be ready with the right parts on Sunday.
- Guitar Signal Processing for Live Worship - Use some of the great amp simulations, plug your guitar into the dedicated instrument input. Plug the output into the front of house via direct box.
- Small Group/Home Group Graphics/Video Presentation - show scriptures, notes, diagrams and videos on the hosts large-screen TV or with a portable projector at camp retreats.